What's New in Dundas BI
A list of highlights from the new features and enhancements available with the release of Dundas BI 8.0.
For a complete list of new functionality and behavior changes, see the List of changes in version 8.0.
2. Installation / Deployment
- Improved support for deploying Dundas BI using Docker containers
- Deploy Dundas BI to Kubernetes with Helm charts
- Linux deployment now supports version 8 of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Launch metric sets, data cubes, and cube perspectives into new tabs more easily for multi-tasking with Pop-up context menu options
- The current project selected on the main menu and on the home screen filter are now kept in sync
- New optimizations make every page load faster
4. Data Preparation and Analysis
- New data provider for connecting to Azure Table storage and Azure Cosmos DB
- Data connectors for IBM DB2, Salesforce, JDBC drivers, and DBF files are now supported when Dundas BI runs on Linux
- New option to anonymize the values of a hierarchy in a data cube
- Improved and expanded statistics available when previewing data from a data cube transform
- Added DundasScript support for the throw keyword when an error should occur and for 0x hex literals
- New 13 Period calendar available for time dimensions
- Time dimensions can now have their own customized sorting to change the default order shown in filters and metric sets
- Slicer comparisons can now be added that compare multiple slicers and formulas
- Use not equals as a comparison operator when setting up states
5. Design and View
- New settings ensure optimal minimum and maximum font sizes when automatically sizing text on responsive dashboards
- When using the play axis, use a token menu like with other filters to select relative time options such as Today
- Use multiple Item Styles in a menu to set up a palette
- Exporting a table with hyperlink columns to Excel now includes clickable hyperlinks
6. Data Visualizations
- New properties for automatically zooming a chart to the end of an axis, or to a date range with relative time token options
- Display values from data in state indicators in addition to the current state in its text or its tooltip popup
- New option for restricting access for accounts and groups to certain IP addresses
- New health checks to optimize and correct for unused jobs, unneeded user projects, and application database schema issues
8. API / Branding / Integration
- Timer fire counts can now be reset by calling resetFireCount in script.
- Refresh Windows account information from Active Directory using .NET or REST APIs.