What's New in Dundas BI
A list of highlights from the new features and enhancements available with the release of Dundas BI 23.3.
For a complete list of new functionality and behavior changes, see the List of changes in version 23.3.
2. Design and View
- Slideshows can now be exported to PDF, PowerPoint, or images, and can be sent through notifications – use them to compile storyboards or larger reports out of individual dashboards, reports, and other views
- A table of contents can be added to reports with the entries you choose, with corresponding page numbers included automatically
- Select a range of dates along a slider using the Play Axis or the new Hierarchy Slider filter, with the option to pin the start date when you press 'play'
- Use the search box in the Parameters window to find all parameters connected to a visualization by its name
3. Data Visualizations
- Use placeholder keywords in chart axis titles to easily include the current filter value or dynamic element the chart is currently displaying
- Choose Multiple to more quickly show and hide several table visualization columns or chart data point series from the context menu
- Improved compatibility when importing shapefiles for maps with different text encodings, including UTF-8 when including a CPG file
4. General / Application
- When enabled by an administrator, choose a user to be notified in case of failure separately for each scheduled notification, data cube using storage, or other job.
- Dialogs throughout the application can now be resized horizontally when needed to better accommodate longer text such as long column names.
5. Data Preparation and Analysis
- Drag another data connector over a Manual Select transform in a data cube to re-wire it to another data source compatible with your query and outputting the same columns
- New option to use key pair authentication in Snowflake Database data connectors
- You can now use JDBC drivers when using a gateway to connect to on-premise data in addition to ODBC
- Use the new Check Warnings button when editing a hierarchy to be notified of issues such as duplicate keys or circular references
- New Search button in the Data Analysis Panel to find an element more quickly in large metric sets
- Bulk add new accounts by dragging a CSV file containing their information to the Accounts page
- Set up data cube storage and other jobs to automatically retry up to the specified number of times using the new Job Execution Attempts Count in configuration settings
- Optionally set up federated logout when using federated authentication so that logging out of Dundas BI also logs out from the identity provider
- Set up default or automatically-appended email message content for sharing and notifications using new configuration settings Default Message Template Content and Enforced Email Content
7. Installation / Deployment
- New microservices move data cube warehouse & in-memory storage away from the main website in containerized deployments on Kubernetes or Docker.