A Dundas BI group can contain user accounts and other groups, making it easy to apply permissions to many users at once instead of setting permissions for each account individually.
By default, Dundas BI comes with five built in groups:
- Power Users
- Standard Users
- System Administrators
All users are implicitly members of the Everyone group, while membership to the Developers, Power Users, and Standard Users groups is decided based on the seat type of the logged-on user.
2. Add a new group
To add a new group in Dundas BI, go to the main menu and click the Admin button.
This launches the Admin screen which presents a categorized list of admin options on the left. Expand the Account Service category and then click Groups. In the Groups screen, click Add group.
In the Add Group dialog, fill in the required details:
- Tenant – Choose the tenant (if applicable).
- Seat Type - Choose between Standard user or Power user license seat types. Developer cannot be selected as a seat type for a group because developer seats are always reserved and can't be inherited, while groups can only have floating seat kinds.
- Group Name - Choose a name for your group, such as Sales or Engineering.
- Group Description - Add an optional description for the group.
- Culture - The default culture for this group. Must be a valid IETF language tag such as en or en-US.
- Time Zone – The default time zone for this group.
- Application privileges - Allow or deny access to specific functionality or UI elements.
Click Submit to create the group.
The Groups list is updated with the newly added group.
3. View the list of groups
Go to the Admin screen, expand the Account Service category and then click Groups to see a list of the groups in the system.
3.1. Edit a group
For any group in the list, click its Edit icon on the right to open the Group Details dialog. This lets you view or modify the settings for the group. You'll also see some additional read-only information concerning the group, such as the Group ID and its time of creation.
You can delete a group from the Groups list by clicking the Delete icon on the right and confirming the operation.
To add or remove users (or other groups) from a group, go to its Group Details dialog as shown in the previous section.
Scroll down and click Members.
This opens the Group Membership dialog next to the main menu. This dialog shows the list of users and groups (if any) that belong to the group you're editing.
Click Add new members. The Select Accounts or Groups dialog is displayed.
Select a user or group in the list, and then click Submit to add the user/group.
The Group Membership dialog is updated with the newly added user.
3.3. Add this group to other groups
Go to the Group Details dialog for this group. Scroll down and click Member of.
In the Member Of dialog, select one or more groups to become a member of and then click Submit.
3.4. Search for a group by ID
Every group has an ID (a GUID value). If you only know the ID of a specific group, you can quickly search for the corresponding group in the Groups screen by pasting the ID in the Search box.
You can indicate a default view for all the accounts in the group. This setting will override the regular homepage, but can still be overriden by individual default view settings.
4. See also
- Application privileges
- Log on to Dundas BI
- Using the home screen
- Using custom attributes to filter data by user