How to recycle the application pool
This article shows you how to recycle the Dundas BI application pool in the IIS web server when installed on Windows. After performing certain installation and/or configuration tasks, it is necessary to recycle the application pool in order for the changes to take effect, or for Dundas BI to work properly. These include:
- Configuring the Dundas BI configuration file.
- Configuring the Oracle data connector's tnsnames.ora file.
- Restoring the Dundas BI application database from a SQL Server database backup - this is necessary in order to clear any old cryptography keys which may be stored in memory.
2. Recycle the application pool
Though using iisreset is also possible, the best way to restart the Dundas BI website is to recycle the application pool so that other applications running on the server are not affected. To do this:
- Open the IIS Manager. You can do this in the start menu by typing to search for IIS, or typing to run inetmgr.
- In the IIS management console, select Application Pools under your server name.
- Select your Dundas BI application pool.
- Under Actions on the right, click Recycle...