The Cumulative Total function computes the cumulative total (or running sum) of a set of input values.
The Cumulative Total Group function can be optionally used to compute the cumulative total (or running sum) of a set of input values grouped by a specific hierarchy.
Cumulative Total Group:
The Cumulative Total functions require the following input:
- d0 - The set of data values for which the Cumulative Total is calculated.
The Cumulative Total functions accept the following parameters:
- Alignments... (One or More, Optional) – Hierarchy placeholders to be used as the alignment axis.
- For CMLTOTAL, specifying a hierarchy calculates cumulative totals for the corresponding input values separately each time they occur: e.g., CMLTOTAL($Measure$, $Year$) can calculate separate running totals of yearly values within each Country group.
- For CMLTOTALGROUP, specify the hierarchies by which to group the input values and calculate cumulative totals within each group: e.g., CMLTOTALGROUP($Measure$, $Country$) will calculate a running total of the values within each country.
The Cumulative Total function generates the following output:
- Cumulative Total - The Cumulative Total result set.
The Cumulative Total Group function generates the following output:
- Cumulative Total Group - The Cumulative Total Group result set.