How to recycle the application pool
This article shows you how to Recycle the Application Pool. After performing the following installation and/or configuration tasks, it is necessary to Recycle the Dundas BI Application Pool in order for the changes to take effect, or for Dundas BI to work properly.
- Configuring the Dundas BI Configuration file.
- Configuring the Oracle Data Connector's tnsnames.ora file.
- Restoring the Dundas BI Application Database (App DB) from a SQL Server database backup - This is necessary in order to clear any old cryptography keys which may be stored in memory.
2. Recycle the Dundas BI Application Pool
Though using IISREST is also possible, the best way to restart the Dundas BI website is to recycle the application pool so that other applications running on the server are not affected. To do this:
- Open the IIS management console
- From the Start menu, click Run or use the search option.
- Type inetmgr, then press ENTER.
- In the IIS management console, select Application Pools under your server name
- Select your Dundas BI application pool.
- Under Actions section, click Recycle...