The Tabular Select transform is created when you drag a structure onto the data cube designer canvas from a data connector that supports tabular data (e.g. XML, CSV, SQL Server table-valued functions).
The structure of the table dropped on the Data Cube canvas is used as input. For example, the structure is:
2. Add the Transform
Steps to add the transform:
- Drag and drop the file to the Data Cube Designer.
- To Edit/Configure the transform, select the transform node, and click the Configure menu.
Steps to configure the Tabular Select transform:
- Timeout - the length of time, in seconds, before terminating the attempt to execute a command.
NoteIn version 22.214.171.1240, and above the default value for the timeout will be the Default Query Timeout application configuration setting.
- Select the columns to be included in the output.
- You can skip this step. Unlike SQL Select transforms, tabular data (e.g. data from Excel and flat files) do not have options for aggregator and grouping.
- Optional - if you require additional columns using an expression, click on the New icon just below the Select Expression field.
- 4.1 Name - the column name.
- 4.2 Description - Description of this column.
- 4.3 Expression - SQL Expression
The figure below illustrates the output from the Tabular Select transform.