The Copy Element transform creates new columns by copying selected input columns and adding the new columns to the output.
This can be used in cases where you need to manipulate a column but want to keep the original column as well.
The Copy Element transform requires 1 input transform that has at least 1 column.
For example, the input could be a SQL Select transform, or the result of another transform. For example, we'll use AdventureWorks' Department table:
Steps to configure the Copy Element transform:
- Select the column(s) you want to be included in the output.
- Click on the Copy icon to copy the column. You can repeat this for every column you want to copy.
- Optional, under the CopiedColumns section:
- Click the Edit icon to rename the column.
- Click the Delete icon to remove the column.
The figure below illustrates the output from the Copy Element transform.