Displaying top/bottom records
You can display Top N and/or Bottom N records using the Top/Bottom Measure property in the Metric Set Binding. If you have filters, the data gets filtered first, and then the Top N and/or Bottom N records are displayed;. This can be done either at the Metric Set level (i.e. using the Metric Set designer), or at the dashboard level.
Sample data can be found below. Goal is to show only the Top 5 Sales.
3. Configure the Data Binding Panel
- Right-Click on the table, and select Data Binding Panel
- Click on the Edit icon.
- On the Metric Set Default Values section, set the following values:
You can enter values on both Top and Bottom.
- Top/Bottom Measure: Sales
- Top: 5
- Bottom: 0
View the result:
5. See also
- Create a metric set and add a filter
- Define custom measure sorting
- Define custom hierarchy sorting
- Check in, check out, and auto-saving
- Promoting an auto-generated metric set