Excel Connection Issues
Issue: Error occurs when connecting to Excel file
- Unable to discover table structure.
- You get the error below when you drag and drop the excel file on the dashboard:
Make sure that you have 64-bit 'Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010' installed. If you prefer to use 32-bit engine, please configure your IIS to run in 32-bit mode.
- Install the 64-bit Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 on the server.
- If, for some reason, you need to install the 32-bit Access driver instead, you can run your IIS or application pool in 32-bit mode, so that the 32-bit drivers will function correctly with Dundas BI. See Run IIS in 32 bit mode for more details.
- For testing (non-production use) only: If your machine is running Windows 64-bit and you have Office 32-bit installed, you can force the 64-bit Access driver to install by running the installer with the following command: AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe /passive