Using the checkbox list filter control
A checkbox list filter control allows multiple value selection from a hierarchy dimension or slicer. Only the first level of the hierarchy is visible in the checkbox list dialog.
You need to be using a hierarchy from an SSAS Cube, or in the case of relational data, you need a hierarchy created from the Hierarchy designer.
Data used in this sample is based on the Data Cube created from the article Using a data cube to join tables.
3. Setting up the Checkbox List control
- From the data cube, drop the measure OrderQty and the hierarchy to the dashboard.
- From the data cube, drop the dimension FirstName to the ROWS section of the Data Binding Panel.
- From the data cube, drop the hierarchy ProductHierarchy to the SLICERS section of the Data Binding Panel.
- From the toolbar, add a checkbox List filter control.
- Bind the filter to your hierarchy. You might need to uncheck any default selection to expose the hierarchy slicer.
Select Bikes and Clothing on the checkbox list filter. (Product Category level).
- Hide Token Menu: If this is set to true, the token menu will not be displayed on the parameter control.
- Manual Items: If enabled, the item(s) displayed in the control are manually controlled instead of auto-populated from any associated View Parameters. This is most useful when using this control with script instead of with a parameter. This is not applicable if the checkbox list control is bound to a hierarchy, like in this sample.
- Single Selection Mode: If enabled, the checkbox list will allow only single selection.