Filter child dashboards from a parent dashboard
You can embed child dashboards inside a parent dashboard, and filter them from the parent dashboard. For example, you have existing dashboards, and you want to display them together inside a parent dashboard. At the same time, you want to add a filter control on the parent dashboard that will allow users to filter data on these child dashboards.
3. Add child dashboards
- Create first dashboard. or use your existing dashboard.
- Add a viewParameter.
- Optional - Create second dashboard (or use your existing dashboard). Add viewParameter or a regular filter, same as in the first dashboard.
4. Add parent dashboard
- Create a new dashboard.
- Drag and drop the first child dashboard to the dashboard canvas.
- Drag and drop the second child dashboard to the dashboard canvas.
- Add a Member Filter. This will be used to filter both child dashboards.
Optional - To change filter's the Label Text:
- Setup the member filter and bind to the child dashboards' parameters.
If you used regular filters on the child dashboards, you can prevent them from displaying on the parent dashboard by ticking the Hide Parameter Controls checkbox.
5. View the dashboard and test the filter
6. See also