Installing the Standard Export Providers extension
The optional Standard Export Providers extension needs to be installed for the various export features in Dundas BI to work. This includes exporting to formats such as PDF, PNG, and PowerPoint.
During the Dundas BI installation procedure, the Standard Export Providers extension will be downloaded and installed automatically if you select the option to do so. However, if you skipped this step or the download happened to be offline at the time, you can install the extension manually yourself by following the steps in this article.
2. Dundas BI export extension requirements
The Dundas BI export extension requires the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. This can be downloaded from the following page: Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
3. Install the extension automatically
The Dundas BI installer gives you the option of downloading and installing the extension as part of the overall installation procedure. So all you need to do is make sure the option is checked when you arrive at that step in the procedure.
If you decide to skip that step, you can still install the extension from the Deployment application's main screen by clicking Extensions on the left.
4. Download and install the extension manually
Perform the following steps after you have installed Dundas BI.
Download the version of the extension that is compatible with your version of Dundas BI.
|Dundas BI Version||Extension||Version||Download link|
|188.8.131.520||Standard Export Providers||184.108.40.2060||Download|
|220.127.116.114||Standard Export Providers||18.104.22.1684||Download|
|22.214.171.1243||Standard Export Providers||126.96.36.1993||Download|
|188.8.131.522||Standard Export Providers||184.108.40.2062||Download|
|220.127.116.111||Standard Export Providers||18.104.22.1681||Download|
|22.214.171.1240||Standard Export Providers||126.96.36.1990||Download|
|188.8.131.520||Standard Export Providers||184.108.40.2060||Download|
|220.127.116.110||Standard Export Providers||18.104.22.1680||Download|
|22.214.171.1240||Standard Export Providers||126.96.36.1990||Download|
|188.8.131.524||Standard Export Providers||184.108.40.2064||Download|
4.2. Copy files
The download is just a ZIP file (Dundas.StdExport.zip). Extract the contents and copy into the BIWebsite\App_Data folder. By default, this location is:
C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data
After you have copied the contents, the following files, and folders should be present (in a default installation):
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\Dundas.StdExport\bin\Dundas.BI.Export.StandardExportProviders - CEF.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\Dundas.StdExport\bin\CEF\
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\Dundas.StdExport-Phantom.ignore\bin\Dundas.BI.Export.StandardExportProviders.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\Dundas.StdExport-Phantom.ignore\bin\phantomjs.exe
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\Dundas.StdExport-Phantom.ignore\bin\rasterize.js
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Localization\en\Dundas.StandardExportProviders.xml
To verify the extension works, log on to Dundas BI and create a simple dashboard (e.g., with a single metric set).
Then follow the steps as shown in Share or export your work to export the dashboard as an image/PNG file.
5. Licensing and third party legal notices
The Standard Export Providers extension (all versions) may include software that is licensed under terms that require Dundas Data Visualization, Inc. to display the following notices.
5.1. Chromium Embedded Framework
License: CEF License
License: BSD. Third party software included with PhantomJS is governed by other licenses (see Reference 2)
6. See also