Installing the SAML 2.0 Protocol (aka SAML-P) extension
The Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) version 2.0 protocol is an extension you may choose to use with the federated authentication functionality in Dundas BI. Alternatively, you can set up federated authentication using the WS-Federation and OpenID protocols, which are already included in you installation of Dundas BI.
During the Dundas BI installation procedure, the SAML 2.0 Protocol Extension will be downloaded and installed automatically if you select the option to do so. However, if you skipped this step or the download happened to be offline at the time, you can install the extension later by following the steps in this article.
2. Install the extension automatically
The Dundas BI installer gives you the option of downloading and installing the extension as part of the overall installation procedure. Make sure the option is checked when you arrive at that step in the procedure.
If you decide to skip that step, you can still install the extension from the Deployment application's main screen by clicking Download and install the SAML extension from the Extensions tab.
3. Download and install the extension manually
Perform the following steps after you have installed Dundas BI.
Download the version of the extension that is compatible with your version of Dundas BI.
|Dundas BI Version||Extension||Download link|
3.2. Copy files
The download is a ZIP file (Dundas.Saml2Protocol.zip). Extract the contents and copy into the BIWebsite\App_Data folder. By default, this location is:
C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data
After you have copied the contents, the following files, and folders should be present (in a default installation):
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\-AuthBridge\Dundas.Saml2AuthBridgeProtocols\bin\Dundas.BI.AuthBridge.Saml2Protocols.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\-AuthBridge\Dundas.Saml2AuthBridgeProtocols\bin\Kentor.AuthServices.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dundas Data Visualization Inc\Dundas BI\Instances\Instance1\www\BIWebsite\App_Data\Extensions\-AuthBridge\Dundas.Saml2AuthBridgeProtocols\bin\Kentor.AuthServices.Owin.dll
4. Licensing and third party legal notices
The SAML 2.0 protocol is licensed under terms that require Dundas Data Visualization Inc. to display the following notices:
Kentor Authentication Services
Web Site: https://github.com/KentorIT/authservices
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.