The Record Sampling transform reads in all of the data from the previous transform and generates a set of random indexes according to the number input. Then output the records according to those indexes.
The Record Sampling transform requires 1 input transform that has at least 1 column.
The input could be a SQL Select transform, or the result of another transform. For example, the input data is:
2. Add the Transform
Steps to add the transform:
- Select the connector link.
- Select the transform from the menu.
- To Edit/Configue the transform, select the newly added transform, and click the Configure menu.
Steps to configure the Record Sampling transform:
- Sampling Record Quantity - the number of records in the output.
- Random Seed - the number used to used to initialize a pseudorandom number generator.
- Value is from 0 to 2,147,483,647.
- If the value is 0, the random number generator uses the time and your random indexes will always be different.
- Select the columns to be included in the output.
The figure below illustrates the output from the Record Sampling transform.