The Fuzzy Lookup transform allows searching for a matching recording from a secondary table when no relationship key fields are defined between two tables.
The Fuzzy Lookup transform requires requires 2 input transforms.
The input could be a SQL Select transform, or the result of another transform. For example, the input data is:
2. Add the Transform
Steps to add the transform:
- Select the connector link.
- Select the transform from the menu.
- Connect the SQL Select transform (SalesAgent) and the Fuzzy Lookup transform.
- To Edit/Configue the transform, select the newly added transform, and click the Configure menu.
Steps to configure the Fuzzy Lookup transform:
- Select the columns to be included in the output.
- Drag element(s) from the Input table to the Lookup Table (or vice-versa) to create a unique key binding.
- Enter the Probability Threshold. Valid values are from .0001 to 1.0. Value of 1.0 will require input data to be an "exact match" for them to be looked up successfully.
- Enter Maximum matches value to return the maximum number of output records that can be returned from each input, when multiple matches are found.
- Select Ignore String Case if you want a non-case sensitive match.
The figure below illustrates the output from the Fuzzy Lookup transform.