The Lookup transform joins data from input columns with column in a lookup table.
The Lookup transform requires 2 input transforms.
For example, the input could be a SQL Select transform that corresponds to the following SQL Server tables (AdventureWorks):
- Input Table: HumanResources.EmployeeDepartmentHistory
- Lookup table: HumanResources.Department
In the Lookup configuration dialog, you must configure the following settings:
- In the Input Table pane, select the columns you want to be included on the output.
- Drag and Drop the key column from the Input Table pane to the Lookup Table pane's matching key column.
- In the Lookup Element section, select the column name you want to be included in the output.
- Select Omit Non Matches if needed.
The figure below illustrates the output from the Lookup transform.