The Filter transform filters out rows that do not meet the configured criteria/settings. For example, use this transform when all of the data being read from a data source is not required and the data source doesn’t allow querying (e.g. XML).
The following are some of the filter operators available in a Filter transform:
Numeric and Date columns:
- Does Not Equal
- Greater Than
- Greater Than Or Equals
- Less Than
- Less Than Or Equals
- Is A Number
- Is Not A Number
- Does Not Equals
- Not Contains
- Starts With
- Ends With
- Equals Any
- Contains Any
- Contains All
- Contains None
- Matches Regular Expression
- Does Not Match Regular Expression
The Filter transform requires 1 input transform that has at least 1 column.
Steps to configure the Filter transform:
- Select the column(s) you want to be included in the output.
- Enter the Operator:
- And Operator - This is the default selection.
- Or Operator
- Click the Edit icon for the column you want a filter added to.
- In the Transform Element dialog, select the Element operator.
- Enter the Value.
The figure below illustrates the output from the Filter transform. Only OrderQty greater than 5000 are displayed.