Application configuration and other admin tasks can be performed in Dundas BI without having to log in directly on the server. This makes it easy to administer the system and perform tasks such as changing configuration settings or adding a new license.
1. Accessing admin functionality
To access the Admin functionality in Dundas BI, first log on as an administrator user. In a typical installation, the administrator's logon name is admin, and the password is the one specified during the installation procedure. Users who are part of the System Administrator's group in Dundas BI also have access to the admin functions.
Next, if you are at the home screen, click Administration.
Alternatively, go to the main menu and click Admin.
You are now presented with a list of admin functions on the left, and the File Explorer is opened by default on the right. Admin functions are categorized into different areas such as Account Service and Licensing.
Click on one of the headings to expand it and see the available options.
2. Administration areas
2.1. Projects & File System
The Projects & File System area lets you:
- Create, edit, and delete projects
- Explore the files and folders within an existing project
- Rename, edit, publish, or delete file items (e.g., data connectors or dashboards)
2.2. Account Service
The Account Service area lets you:
- Create, edit, and view user accounts
- Create, edit, and view groups
- Manage logon sessions including terminating a session
- Define custom attributes which can be associated with users or groups for user-based filtering
- View, approve, or deny account registration requests
2.3. SaaS / Multi-Tenancy
Dundas BI has built-in support for SaaS (software-as-a-service) and multi-tenant deployment scenarios. Use the Saas / Multi-Tenancy administration area to:
- Create and manage tenants which are isolated from each other.
- Add user accounts or groups to a specific tenant.
- View and manage tenant projects.
- Share a single project and its dashboards with multiple tenants using data connector overrides.
- Customize the licensed seats for each tenant individually.
The Licensing area lets you manage existing Dundas BI licenses and add new licenses. You can also see how many licenses of each type are in use and how many are available.
The Import/Export area lets you:
- Export and import projects, accounts, groups, and custom attributes
- Save your export settings in a configuration file for future exports
2.6. System Health
Use the System Health area to:
- Access system logs to troubleshoot operational warnings or errors
- Manage running and scheduled jobs in Dundas BI:
- Verify email settings by sending a test email
The Setup area lets you:
- View the effective configuration settings
- View or modify configuration settings for this server, a server group, or globally
- Register servers and add server groups for load balancing
Click About to view the About screen for this Dundas BI instance. This is the same screen which is accessible from each user's Profile via the More about this product link.
The About screen displays information such as:
- Release Kind
- Build Date
- Licensed To
- License Kind
- License IDs
- Session ID
3. See also
- Log on to Dundas BI
- How to reset the admin password
- Using the home screen
- Edit your profile and change your password