About Dundas Data Visualization, Inc.
For over a decade, Dundas Data Visualization has been a leading firm in the development of advanced data visualization. Our outstanding success is reflected in its numerous industry awards and in the rapid adoption of Dundas technologies by Fortune 500 companies around the world.
We offer an engaging environment, with excellent benefits. You will work in a modern office setting with a casual dress code. The work is stimulating and challenging, with excellent opportunity for professional growth. The generous benefits provide by Dundas includes flexible schedules, a superior benefits program, a paid vacation, a gym membership to Goodlife Fitness (in the same building), and a formalized employee profit sharing program.
Dashboard / BI Consultant
Dundas Data Visualization is seeking an experienced, high-performing professional to join our Professional Services team in the role of Dashboard/Business Intelligence Consultant. The ideal candidate has a very successful track record in development and implementation of BI/dashboard solutions using different technologies. This is a full-time position located in Toronto (Ontario). Therefore any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Work with business clients and our solution architects to gather requirements and provide effort/cost estimates for BI/dashboard solution development work
- Make recommendations and strategies for BI solutions based on customer requirements
- Design, develop, test, implement and support BI solutions using Dundas Dashboard and other software platforms to satisfy business requirements
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve system issues, perform root cause analysis
- Provide support to clients and power users. Maintain support documentation in accordance with internal standards
- Work with the software R&D team to create detailed feature requirements
- University or college degree
- 3 to 5 years experience in developing and implementing business intelligence solutions
- 3 years experience working with external business users to gather BI and Reporting Requirements. The candidate will have to prove that understands and knows what are the key performance indicators/metrics in at least one of the major industries
- Experience with at least one known BI technology
- Understanding of ETL, data modeling and data warehousing architecture and design
- Broad knowledge of operating systems, databases, security and web based solutions
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL programming language and experience with creating queries in Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server
- Knowledge of OLAP based technologies
- Experience with .NET and C# is considered an asset
- Previous experience with data visualizations best practices is a big plus
- Self-motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high quality work and working as an integral part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and have worked in an agile type environment
- Detail-oriented with a passion for technical quality and excellent client service
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills with the ability to influence customers
- Ability to establish trust and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Structured and strong organizational skills in a consulting environment
- Understanding of best practice systems implementation methodologies
- Willingness to travel
- No restrictions on travel throughout Canada and the USA
How to Apply
In order for us to understand your consulting skills we use a short questionnaire. This assesses your basic SQL and reporting knowledge. Please complete this test and send it along with your resume to: email@example.com